First of All I would like to thank all of you for your response to my previous post . it was really encouraging to see that my blog is being checked regularly by so many people . I recvd at least 20 emails from friends and friend's friends who checked the last posting and liked it . Thanks a Ton ! Keep Coming back .
Now as the year end is approaching I think its time for some serious bookkeeping . During this time of year Most celebrity blogger posts their prediction for the upcoming year . I will save that for my next post for now let me recollect what all happened in 2005
To begin with 2005 was an eventful year for me . both on professional as well as personal fronts . so I decide to list them here . some of the news are global & you might have read them in news paper and some are very personal and nobody know about them . all are equally important for me .So here we go ..
- 2005 started with me loosing a chance to sell SkillPoint at Texas Instrument's Bangalore operations . It was a real set back as that deal could have given us a solid reference base in bangalore corporate market .But I think I pretty well make up for that . now we have Big companies like Idea Cellular ,Xansa and couple of other US Based Staffing firms as our client .
- After much of delay I launched my blog . only to discover that world is too busy to read my crap . but slowly and steadily people begin to visit it regularly . having the blog URL in my Gmail signature helped .
- Much awaited Google IPO and a spur of activity in Internet market . Euphoria like Dotcom Days .
- Nishant was blessed with a baby girl and I am still not able to visit him and see the baby . Sorry Nishant !
- Some people from my College Gang decided to take the "Red Pill" (they joined Microsoft ) and moved out from Delhi. So I am left with very few folks of mine in Delhi . This year it was little more lonelier here.
- This year I took my first Flight .It was SpiceJet Flight from Delhi to Pune . Being in Air did excited me but over all experience of Air Travel was very disappointing .I prefer traveling by Indian Railway :AC Second Class . It has more leg room .
- I lost my Grandfather this year . my first encounter with the death of a family member . living it once was bad enough so I will not even mention it here in details .
- We got our first client in Hyderabad , Chennai ,Pune and USA .I meet with K P Pandyarajan of MaFoi . A really dynamic person .
- My brother Vikrant Became a Sr.Software Engg at Quark and visited USA . as per his word "America Bahut Achee Jagah Hai , Wahan Log aate Jaate aapko Greet Karte hain" (USA is a cool place . people (read Girls ) greet you Good morning even if you don't know them) .
- Discovered Paul Graham and his writing on net . the guy is a genius .
- One of my college time buddy who used to look like a good partner in my crusade of living as a confirmed bachelor was floored . He is happily engaged and a bit too busy to call .
- Visited SHIMLA a really very very beautiful place .
- Somebody in Microsoft did a great job of integrating linux with windows so much so that his "Mahual" conquered Himalya and River rafted in Ganga . Congratus !
- Mating season started EBAY bought Skype (no body knows why ?) , Yahoo baught del.ico.us ,Google bids for riya .
- Somebody very close to me reminded that being in a better College/Job/Company require to shed excess baggage of past . that special person taught me that I am still very very disposable . Thanks ,Lesson learned .
- Rohan ,Vivek got Engaged .
- I learned how to cook chapatti it was easier than I expected.
Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year